J2534 Solution for Raider & 1995 – 1999 Eclipse with 420A Engine
The Raider and 1995-1999 Eclipse with 420A engine are Chrysler powertrains. As a result, J2534 support is offered through Chrysler's Tech Authority website. You can access this website by clicking here.
You will need to purchase a Tech Authority website subscription to access this site.
Before purchasing this subscription, read below to confirm that there is a re-flash related TSB for vehicle in question. Since the instructions you are reading are available on the free portion of MitsubishiTechInfo.com, no refunds will be issued for Tech Authority subscriptions, since you have all the information you need right here to determine if access to Tech Authority is required.
There are specific guidelines for using the Tech Authority website as follows:
As with all Mitsubishi vehicles, a powertrain control module re-flash is only authorized when a specific Mitsubishi TSB specifies the need for a re-flash. This can be determined by accessing the “TSB Update and Adapter Cable Chart” in the “Supporting Documents” box on the J2534 home page. This chart lists all Mitsubishi TSBs that authorize a powertrain control module re-flash to improve the powertrain control module software for a given vehicle.
When a TSB is identified that applies to a Raider or 420A equipped Eclipse, note the corresponding Chrysler TSB number. This is critical for your search on the Tech Authority website.
- Once you have logged in to the Tech Authority website, click on the “Flash” link, just below the home page title-bar. This will bring up a new page titled “Flash” in a separate window.
- In the upper left hand corner, click on the “HERE” link to read about the J2534 re-flash solution and prerequisites as they apply to Chrysler powertrain vehicles. You must satisfy all pre-requisites listed for a re-flash to be successful.
- If you have any of Mitsubishi’s J2534 re-flash solutions loaded on the target PC, you may have to uninstall them before using the Chrysler J2534 re-flash solution. Return to the “Flash” page to perform your TSB search.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the search by “TSB/Recall Number”. Enter the Chrysler TSB number and the related re-flash and support files will be available for download. Download the files and be careful to follow all the instructions for using the Chrysler J2534 re-flash solution.
Special Notes for (Powertrain Control Module) PCM Replacement
Replacement PCMs for the Raider come in a “blank” state and require flashing with the latest calibration before the vehicle will operate. These calibrations are available on the Tech Authority website, but the search method is by specific powertrain instead of TSB number.
- Once you have logged in to the Tech Authority website, click on the “Flash” link, just below the home page title-bar. This will bring up a new page titled "Flash" in a separate window.
- Scroll to the middle of the page to the search by “Year/Model & Powertrain”. Enter 2006/2007/2008 Dodge Dakota for the model.
- Next, select the correct powertrain. Available powertrains for the Raider are as follows: (varies with model year)
- 3.7L with Automatic Transmission
- 3.7L with Manual Transmission
- 4.7L with Automatic Transmission 2WD
- 4.7L with Automatic Transmission part time 4WD (Raider option code DHT or DH5)
- 4.7L with Automatic Transmission full time AWD (Raider option code DHV)
- 4.7L with Manual Transmission
Caution: Other powertrain options are available for the 2006/2007/2008 Dakota that do not apply to the Raider. Do not select one of the options not available on the Raider. In addition, be absolutely sure that you are selecting the correct flash file, per the powertrain options listed above. Attempting to flash a blank PCM with the wrong flash file can permanently damage the PCM and will render the vehicle inoperable.
- Once the correct selections are made, the related re-flash and support files will be available for download. Download the files and be careful to follow all the instructions for using the Chrysler J2534 re-flash solution.
Additional Note: PCM replacement procedures are outlined in both the Raider Service Manual available on this website or the 2006/2007/2008 Dakota Service Manual available on the Tech Authority website. If you elect to access the Raider Service Manual for the PCM replacement procedure, you will need website subscriptions to both MitsubishiTechinfo.com and TechAuthority.com. By using the 2006/2007/2008 Dakota Service Manual PCM replacement procedure, you can complete this procedure with only a subscription to the Tech Authority website.